02 February 2007

Silent Poetry

The Second Annual Silent Poetry Reading.

I would type out Stephen Dunn's "Manifesto of the Selfish" if I could easily find it, but my books are still scattered on the shelves, all in disarray, so I will fall back on something I know I can find online:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

e e cummings

I always turn to cummings when I want to tell someone I love them, or that they are worth the world to me. He's good for that.

In other news:

Working the heel flap on Sivia's Winter's Eve socks.

Enthused about picking up Scheherazade again.

I have to actually interview for my job.

I also need to complete a gigantic merch project by Tuesday.

I am exhausted.

Still no camera. :(

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this Lilac Knitting. I get to find out what's going on with you "kids". I'm always afraid to call for fear someone is sleeping, knowing the odd hours you both work. Can't wait to see the shawl - is it for the wedding??? We're picking up my gown tomorrow morning. Don't have any shoes yet. Call or stop by when you have a chance.

Love to you and my favorite oldest son! Mom # . . . . .

AlisonH said...

Beautiful. I love ee cummings. And William Carlos Williams is another favorite.