03 November 2006

Welcome to my new home!

So, after a lot of consideration, I've decided to move the blog from Livejournal to Blogger. There are a lot of reasons for this, and most of them are pretty minor. I adore LJ, and my personal blog will stay there (it's been there for three years, moving it would be so much of a hassle). The biggest thing, honestly, is that Blogger has a way for non-Blogger users to leave behind an email address, so I know who said hello. LJ doesn't. You're anon or you're an LJ user, and that annoys me. Rather, it's great for my personal blog, when I know pretty much who's reading it -- not so good for a blog where I'm hoping that people I don't know will stumble across it.

So here we are.

I'm going to leave the old entries up at LilacKnitting, unless I figure out a way in Blogger to post-date entries.

And, a quick note. Did I keep my promise, and not cast on new socks, considering my desk has three pair of half-finished socks on it? (Robb's Cherry Tree Hill socks, my aunt's Spey Valley socks, and my Traveler's Socks). Yeah, not so likely.


I mean, really. If you thought I could do that, all night, you're reading the wrong blog. Statue of self-control, I am not.

I was actually doing okay until I noticed that the Flow Motion socks used 2 circs instead of dpns. Virtually every set of dpns under size 4 are in use, somewhere in my house, so I thought I was safe. Alas, no.

I'm also worried that I will eventually find out that this sock is my too big for my long-but-skinny feet, and I will have to rip out the entire thing. I know all you toe-up fiends love toe-up socks because you can try them on as you go, but every single time I get to the heel on a toe-up sock, I think This is going to be way too big, and then I rip them back, and then when they're finished, they're way too small. So this time, we're going to just go with it. Wish me luck, please!

And hope you like the new living room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, will miss seeing this blog on LJ. But, that's mostly because I plan on sticking with that site. I will certainly come check out your writing over here, and look for your other LJ posts.

-Ashley

Kristine said...

Thanks, Ashley. The biggest reason is that I'm sick of the way LJ doesn't give you an option to leave behind your name if you don't have an LJ, and I'm also sick of the amount of coding I have to do to get a post the way I want it while being unable to edit the format of the actual style the way I want without paying for another membership. My ariel_in_blue account is paid, and it irritates me that I'd have to pay AGAIN to use the same features on a different blog.

I hope you still come check things out over here. :)

--K

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristine! So now you'll be spared my times of groaning, oh, nuts, I forgot to sign my name in the comments again.

Kristine said...

Yeah, I would be fibbing if I didn't admit that your forgetting your name prompted this. I would be pretty sure a comment was from you, but not really sure.

LOL