24 November 2006

I survived Thanksgiving...

...and I think I should get a medal. But we shall leave that alone for the time being. Shall we simply say that next year we are going to spend Thanksgiving with my family, who are crazy but in an entertaining way, instead of Robb's family, who are crazy in a mean way?

I have twenty-eight rows of the Shetland Garden shawl left to do.

Due to a completely awesome sale at work, I have Seasons 3, 4, and 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I have a house to myself until just after midnight.

I think we're going to have some fun. If I can stay up that long.

If I'm really lucky, maybe I can post tomorrow that I just have the edging left to do (which is like six rows of garter stitch or something, so I'm not too worried.

But I did a bad thing yesterday. I counted the stitches.

There are more than 400.

I had to put it down and have a quiet cry.

But I still like top down shawls better than rectangular shawls. At least I keep having new charts to work on.

Keep the faith! Or something equally inspiring!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

You can do it. That's Rose Trellis lace at the bottom of the shawl, and some of the rows are a bit counterintuitive--alright, I'm thinking they're obnoxious, but I was doing a whole afghan's worth--but it's only the one repeat and it shouldn't take all that long. Can't wait to see it.